cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

creating and removing port objects and object-groups

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all, We are preparing for DNAC deployment and I need to open up ports in the FW. We have 2 HA pairs of FTD 2130's managed by FMC. We are running 7.2.4 and I plan to create Network Objects and Port Object-groups.

So I shall name the port object-group DNAC_Ports. I plan to add pre-existing port objects to the new group.These pre-exsiting port objects are already used in the FW and I have never had to remove a port object-group in the past.  Should I need to remove this port object-group in the future will the underlying pre-existing port objects that are used in other object-groups throw an error once I disassociate the DNAC_Ports object-group from being used anywhere? I want to say no, and firmly believe it won't but I'm checking to be sure. I've not read anything that states there's an issue.

2 Replies 2

Why you need to merge both object group?

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

I was planning to create an object-group to add the already existing objects.

Guess I didn't explain it as well as I thought, sorry about that.

So  have objects for ssh, dns, ntp, etc... I was planning to add all those to an object-group. Should I need to remove that group all I need to do is remove that group from any use and then delete it correct? the objects within that group shouldn't matter correct?