Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Critical Error message after Prime Update

Hello all,

after updating Cisco Prime Infrastructure to version 3.10.5 following critical error appears:
PI-Update - Expired Token for the User null (172.16.222.81)
Token expired for the stored user in the Account settings page, Please reactivate - Path:Administration / Settings / System Settings

I already checked in that Path and the login has been already done with the correct user.

Could you tell me which token it's referring to?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Networker17
Level 1
Level 1

As marce already wrote, the error seems to match the note in the release notes.
In fact, the username field was empty after the update and an "activation procedure" was carried out after clicking the "Login" button.

Furthermore the subsequent note in release notes applies in our case.
"When you upgrade to PI 3.10.5 from PI 3.10.4 Update 03 or any lower versions, you need to re-establish the cisco.com connection in the Account Settings page"

I think this "activation" is new in version 3.10.5 and is related to the "Ping to Okta migration".

After "Login" under "Account Settings" all other described ToDos for Okta Authentication ( SWIM, Software Update, and Support Case Pages) did not have to be done additionally.

But - the critical error was not cleared automaticly after "Login".

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-10-5/release_notes/Cisco-Prime-Infrastructure-3-10-5-Release-Notes/bk_cisco_prime_infrastructure_3_10_5_release_notes.html
   >...
    >...When the server is down for more than nine hours, username saved in the Account Settings page will be deleted automatically as token gets expired.

- I don't know exactly where this comes from ,but it might be related to Smart Licensing  ; check the status of Smart Licensing and or the connection to the Smart Licensing server ;  and or you may try to configure Smart Licensing again , for instance ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Networker17
Level 1
Level 1

As marce already wrote, the error seems to match the note in the release notes.
In fact, the username field was empty after the update and an "activation procedure" was carried out after clicking the "Login" button.

Furthermore the subsequent note in release notes applies in our case.
"When you upgrade to PI 3.10.5 from PI 3.10.4 Update 03 or any lower versions, you need to re-establish the cisco.com connection in the Account Settings page"

I think this "activation" is new in version 3.10.5 and is related to the "Ping to Okta migration".

After "Login" under "Account Settings" all other described ToDos for Okta Authentication ( SWIM, Software Update, and Support Case Pages) did not have to be done additionally.

But - the critical error was not cleared automaticly after "Login".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card