cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM Performance Monitor You are not authorized to access the page "Critical Problems".

orsonjoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello when I try to open to CSM version 3.2 Performance monitor page from the CSM home page with an administrator account (or any account) I get the following message:

You are not authorized to access the page "Critical Problems".

When I look at the audit log I see the following message when in TACACS+ mode (username edited):

4. 9/24/2012 00:07:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

5. 9/24/2012 00:07:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

6. 9/24/2012 00:17:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

7. 9/24/2012 00:17:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

8. 9/24/2012 00:27:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

9. 9/24/2012 00:27:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

10. 9/24/2012 00:37:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

11. 9/24/2012 00:37:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

12. 9/24/2012 00:47:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

13. 9/24/2012 00:47:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

14. 9/24/2012 00:57:14 username start cwhp Login Authentication Failed. Invalid credentials.

It does not matter wheter in local authentication mode or in TACACS+ mode, stille the "You are not authorized to access the page "Critical Problems"." message comes up.

Please help!

4 Replies 4

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

Please check that the "CiscoWorks" permissions for the Admin account are set to 'System Administrator', and then try again.  Please let me know if this resolves this problem.

Regards,

-Joe

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the fast reply.

The admin account allready has all the permissions assigned:

Help Desk

System Administrator

Approver

Export Data

Network Operator

Network Administrator

This does not solve the issue.

Best regards, Orson

Hi Orson.

Do you a "Ciscoworks" user there?

If so, do they have "System Administrator" access?

Thanks,

-Joe

Hello Joe,

Not exactly sure what you mean by " Ciscoworks" user.

The rights displayed above are from the local admin account on the system, which is created during installation of the application.

This is the escape account in case no other account works anymore.

It doesn't matter if the security settings are set to TACACS+ or "Ciscoworks local", the result is the same.

There is a slight difference between the error messages I noticed when I login with the local admin account I get this message when I try to start performance monitor:

You are not authorized to access this application. Please contact the administrator!

I can also use an ACS account with similar security settings, then I get this message:

You are not authorized to access the page "Critical Problems".

Please help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: