Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM 8.5 does not discover phones on CUCM 7.1.5

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I'm trying to do a demo with CUOM 8.5 and CUCM 7.1.5. CUOM discovers the CUCM servers and gets alerts about them but is unable to discover the phones. I have the same setup at lab but with CUCM 8.5 and all works fine.

Am I doing something wrong is it a version mismatch?

Stoyan

5 Replies 5

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Upgrade CUCM to 8.5 and you should be good to go. Here is the software compatibility matrix:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/vtgsca/VTGServlet

Hello Nael,

So this means that with CUOM I can't monitor clusters with different versions? For example - 1 cluster with 8.5 and 2 with 7.1.X.

Hi,

Nael - are you sure this is correct?

I think CUCM 7.1 should be fine with CUOM 8.5.
I have CUCM 7.0 monitored by OM 2.3.
Is your CUCM on vmware?
There were issues with OM not detecting CUCM 7.x and earlier versions when they were running in VMware..
I believe it was an SNMP mib issue
Long and short.. OM didn't recognise the CUCM 7.x as a CallManager and therefore wouldn't try to monitor it correctly.
Cheers,
Tim

Hello,

CUCM is on MCS servers.

I have a WebEx on Thursday with some engineers from Cisco so I'll update you if we get to something.

Hello,

Forgot to update this...

The AXL service wasn't running on the CUCM servers. When we enabled it, all worked fine and all the phones showed up in UOM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: