cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 2.5 software mgmt

rkoll
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot import any image into the software repository from device or network.

In the job details i am getting the error message:

"SWIM1124: Failed to copy the image from Flash due to the reason - SWIM5004: Cannot initiate SNMP-set operation.

The SNMP Write Community String might be wrong.

Check whether the correct SNMP Write Community String is entered in Device and Credential Repository.. "

But the Write-Community is OK (checked with RME->Devices->Device Management:Check Device Credentials and View Credential Verification Report).

With other devices (SNMP is OK too) i'm getting other error messages (seems to be RoundRobin) "SWIM1004: Cannot get details about the Flash File system on the device.

There may be a faulty implementation of the MIB on the device." or "SWIM1124: Failed to copy the image from Flash due to the reason - copyInvalidServerAddress :invalid server address specified."

Importing Images from CCO or file works, but another problem is: i cannot distribute it to the device(s).

I'm working since 3 weeks on LMS 2.5 and more and more i'm getting unsatisfied. Happily i have not deinstalled my old LMS 2.2 (good instinct). With this version (installed in same subnet) i have not this troubles.

Have anyone else problems with the software mgmt part of lms 2.5 ?

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What device type is this happening on?

In RME -> Admin -> Software Mgmt -> View/Edit Preferences what do you have selected for transport protocols and which order?

Also, is the flash on the device parititioned or not?

Hi,

In the preferences i have selected TFTP as transport protocol (nothing else).

I tried different devices (each device type i.e: cat45xx, c2800, c2600, c2960, c29xxXL, c3524xl ...) the same procedure with the "old" LMS2.2 have no problems.

One of the differences between the machines is the solaris version (old: solaris8, new solaris9). I tried to copy the image (after this i tried the config) per CLI to the LMS2.5 server (without success) - Because of LMS2.5 is using its own tftp-service i tried the original tftp-daemon from solaris (changing inetd.conf) - without success again. Copying to the old LMS2.2 server is no problem.

regards

Roland

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

rkoll,

I am getting the same problem. This function was working fine under RME 4.0.3, but since upgrading to 4.0.4 it will not work.

I got the same message as you. So I then went away and checked out the write community string for all my devices in DCR. I basically re-entered the same, as I know it was all ok.

I now get a different error message and looking at the log for the job I get the following:

""ci_tb_c077_sw4#copy flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA4.bin tftp://Default Not Defined/rep_sw_6048058343612939280

copy flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA4.bin tftp://Default Not Defined/rep_sw_6048058343612939280

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

ci_tb_c077_sw4#""

It looks to me like there is a problem with the script it is using, or the folder to which it is trying to store the image hasn't been created.

Certinaly looks like a little bug to me.

Chris.

Hi Chris

I have tried different things (other tftp-daemon, debugging) and found the bug (or feature)

The workaround (cisco) is to set the hostname in the config. Seems to be a problem in the tftp - daemon (LMS2.5 comes with its own tftp-daemon - don't know why on a solaris platform). Using the original sun-tftp results in a permission denied. But using the Cisco tftp and setting the hostname on the device

solves this problem temporary in our environment.

Another small footstep to replace our LMS2.2 solution.

regards

Roland

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card