cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daemon Manager Service

walshtimo
Level 1
Level 1

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager Service is not starting on my server; I tried to start the service in the Services section of My Computer and through the CLI but it still won’t start. I rebooted the server several times with no luck. I don’t know what happened; everything was working fine last week and now this problem occurred. Any help would be appreciated!

9 Replies 9

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Try to Reset the Casuser  as below :

go to Command Prompt :

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\setup\support >resetCasuser.exe

then try to Restart the Daemon Manager . If issue still exist then attach the Erro Sceen shot and syslog.log (If possible)

Thanks--

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try and reset the casuser account first thing in the morning and let you know if it works.

Also, Please check if the user used by ciscoworks on OS level - casuser is not disabled and has proper configuration.

You can check it from local user setup My Computer> right click > Manage > Local User and Groups OR Start > run > compmgmt.msc > Local User and Groups.

Casuser should be a member of casusers group and it should not have setting like:

> User Cannot Change password

> User must change password at first logon

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Good morning,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a try!

Please let me give you a little more history on the problem I'm having, Tuesday I tried to open Ciscoworks and I received the following error on the browser after I tried to login.

Error 403: You don't have permission to access /cwhp/LiaisonServlet on this server.

After a reboot of the Ciscoworks server is when the Daemon Manager Service was unable to start at all. I did find a TID on fixing a Tomcat bug and ran it on Wednesday but the service still didn't start. After trying the suggestion this morning on resetting the Casuser password I went back and ran the TID from Wednesday again and this time the service started. Everything appears to be running normally but every time I try to login to the server I receive the error above with no errors being displayed in the syslog file. Hope this extra information helps and I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Tim Walsh

PS - I am working on the server from a remote desktop connection so getting the log files to you might be tough to do.

Good morning,

I tried the suggestion you provided me yesterday and it didn't fix the problem with starting the crmdmgtd service. I wanted to give you a little more history on the problem I'm having, Tuesday I tried to open Ciscoworks and I received the following error on the browser after I tried to login.

Error 403: You don't have permission to access /cwhp/LiaisonServlet on this server.

After a reboot of the Ciscoworks server  the Daemon Manager Service was unable to start at all. I did find a TID on fixing a Tomcat bug and ran it on Wednesday but the service still didn't start. After trying your suggestion this morning I went back and ran the TID from Wednesday again and this time the service started. Everything appears to be running normally but every time I try to login to the server I receive the error above with no errors being displayed in the syslog file. Hope this extra information helps and I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Tim Walsh

PS - I am working on the server from a remote desktop connection so getting the log files to you might be tough to do.

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tim ,

Please try  generating a new certificate in LMS as below :

1. Stop the daemon Manager

a. Windows: net stop crmdmgtd

b. Solaris: /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

1. Remove the following certificate files from (NMSROOT/MDC/Apache/conf/ssl)

a. server.crt

b. server.key

c. server.pk8

d. server.csr

2. Disable SSL: NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin>perl "NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl" -disable

For e.g

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl "D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl" -disable

3. Enable SSL to generate certificate:NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin>perl "NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl" -enable

for e.g :

D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl "D:\Program Files\CSCOpx\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl" -enable

--Fill all the Required information

4. Start Daemon Manager  (net start crmdmgtd )

Wait for 15-20 min. Now try to login to the GUI ..

Thanks--

Afroj

If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks for the help! I just finished doing all the steps you provided and I just restarted the daemon manager so I'll let you know if this works in 15-20 minutes. I have my fingers crossed, it would be a nice start to the weekend if I'm able to get into this server before the end of the day.

I just tried to get into the server again and I received the same error message, oh well, I guess I know what I'll be working on Monday morning.

Thanks again for all your help!

Did you get this resolved.  I am having the same issue on lms 4.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: