Views
Helpful
Replies

Default router config file for 4221

jalonj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm looking for a copy of a default configuration for a 4221 router. As if you typed "no" to the initial configuration prompt, got to a router prompt, did a wr and then exported the saved startup-config.  I need to start config work (I have a basic template, but for a older 1921 router) and want to start adjusting it to what I need before I actually get the routers in hand. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Copy exiting configuration using putty, save the confguration. or you can upload the configuration if you have tftp.

copy run tftp://

change what ever your required and copy new copy like new-running-config

when new router arrives setup basic IP config to reach TFTP ( or use your laptop as back to back connection)

copy tftp://new-running-config running or startup (where ever you looking to replace).

check the configuration before you put the kit in to live and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

That isn't what I am looking for.

While the command structure is pretty much the same between platforms, each one tends to arrange information in the configuration file a little differently. I am looking for the pattern that the 4421 arranges its information by using a default configuration so that I can work from there.

Can you define what is basic template, every organisation have different templates based on the requirement, 

As per Cisco basic template means, management IP and local security(like snmp, username, console access).

If your enterprise already have basic template, why not we use the same template compare with new router syntax and build one.

or show us what you looking may be we understand better and suggest some tools if available to covert exiting template to new.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The first time you boot up a router, and skip the auto install... or if you delete the startup-config file and reboot, and then skip the auto install... you will have no actual configuration file. Then, type "wr" or "copy running-config startup-config", and you have saved a very basic configuration file.  That is the type of file I am looking for.  If no one can provide, it's no biggie, just easier to get started with.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card