Views
Helpful
Replies

device still present after deleting in database

david de sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem with LMS 4.2, i had some device that i deleted from the LMS manually trough the inventory. ths devices are not present anymore in my infrastructure. but a few days ago, some alerts come back to the fault monitor with that device "not responsive", so i went in CLI to the DFM and remove all the devices not present. everything was good, but some days later, the alert come back again.

so, my question is: where the lms keep the informations about the devices? i thought it was in the DFM, but it seems there is another place.

any suggestion?

and to continue, i have some problem with VSS, i can't manage it perfectly, some days i can see the the port and ip in Fault Device Detail and some days i can't. i have some alerts about Interface VLAN down, but the interface AND the VLAN are not present anymore. i deleted the device, then rediscovered it, it works few days, then reappair... i'm just ready to burn all the LMS ^^

Some ideas?

thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You have deleted the devices from DFM CLI you mean  dmctl ?

if yes and you are still getting alerts from DFM then it could be a database sink-up issue.

If these messages really bother you then I can suggest you to RE-Intialize the DFM database (  IF Possible ) but make sure you remove the .RPS files which have the  DFM databses transaction in it.

Below is the procedire to RE-INT DFM database:

1) Stop the daemons:

net stop crmdmgtd

2) Issue these commands from CSCOpx\bin folder:

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

3) Delete DFM.rps and DFM1.rps:

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM1.rps

4) Start the daemons: 

net start crmdmgtd

For VSS , Kindly open a new thread.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You have deleted the devices from DFM CLI you mean  dmctl ?

if yes and you are still getting alerts from DFM then it could be a database sink-up issue.

If these messages really bother you then I can suggest you to RE-Intialize the DFM database (  IF Possible ) but make sure you remove the .RPS files which have the  DFM databses transaction in it.

Below is the procedire to RE-INT DFM database:

1) Stop the daemons:

net stop crmdmgtd

2) Issue these commands from CSCOpx\bin folder:

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

3) Delete DFM.rps and DFM1.rps:

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM1.rps

4) Start the daemons: 

net start crmdmgtd

For VSS , Kindly open a new thread.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

thanks for the reply, effectively, i already did that, the problem was in the management, it seems some devices became "suspended" after the reinitialization of the databases. i re-managed it and it works good.

thanks

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: