cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM - MWAM as unknown device

Dinko Mihelcic
Level 1
Level 1

MWAM in 7613 is reported as unknown in DFM.

7613 is known to DFM and i am getting traps (events, and alerts).

CM discovered mwam.

RME is getting syslog-s from mwam.Inventory Change reports are working OK.

CiscoView shows mwam on chassis picture.

Is this situation normal ?

Is MWAM covered within 7613 IDU in DFM (proccessors, memory, etc.)?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM are you using? What version of code is running the MWAM? DFM 2.0.7 does support the MWAM provided it is running 12.3(2)XB or later. The MWAM will be treated like a router by DFM in terms of environment, CPU/memory, and interface monitoring.

DFM 2.0.3 sol (lms 2.5.1),

12.4(5)B upgraded yesterday on MWAM (SSG)

Will upgrade DFM to 2.0.7 ,

but first I need to apply lms 2.6 . I am in the middle of 2.2UR to 2.6 remote server upgrade and i was testing 2.5.1 stage (after remote upgrade validation of all components) on few interesting devices.

Thank You !

DFM 2.0.3 should also support the MWAM. The sysObjectID for the MWAM supported by DFM is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.9.17.39. Check to make sure that's the sysObjectID of yours (it really should be if RME is managing it).

You might also try deleting it from DFM, and re-adding it. While doing so, check the TIS logs to see if you encounter any errors.

Hm, tried re-adding, device is still unknown.

Device removed from dcr, tis logs shows deleting of device from dfm. Also, found logs for adding to dfm ... (sync with dcr)

... , sysObjectID is problem.

This mwam is recognized as sysObjectID:

Cisco MWAM (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.621), so dfm does not recognize it(dfm supports 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.9.17.39).

Blade ios is 12.2, and ios that was upgraded was app. ios(MWAM-G4JS-M)12.4(5b).

Is it absolutely neccesery to upgrade blade ios to version you mentioned (12.3() and later...) to become manageable by dfm 2.0.3.

Will that change discovered sysObjectID to one that is supported.

This is the new WS-SVC-MWAM-1 which RME supports, but DFM does not yet. I have not heard of a time frame in which support is being planned. Changing the software on this module will have no effect. If you open a TAC Service Request, someone should be able to provide you with an ETA for DFM support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: