cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM V1.2 Email adapter is disabled,unable to Enable through GUI.

amanrathod
Level 1
Level 1

*My objective is to active "Mail Notifier" under "Fault Notification" Option of DFM.

I have done the Following:-

*Under Server Configuration----Administration----Process Management >>> I have started the DfmServer & DfmMailNotifier.

*Under Device Fault Manager----Administration----Notofocation>>> I have enabed the the Adapter & added my Email id in recipient list.

Problems I am facing are:-

*Even though I start the DfmMailNotifier the process dosen't get started(DfmServer is running properly)

*Even After enabling the Mail notification Adapter adapter in DFM..when I come back and check it shows adapter is disabled.

Even restarting DFMServer do not help.Adapter is still in Disabled mode.

Note:-This was a working utility & only went down when I attempted to add couple of more ID's in the reipient list.

I guess DfmMailNotifier has the only dependency on DfmServer which is running properly(I tried restarting the DfmServer also)

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

DFM 1.0 does not offer this function from the GUI. To use this adapter, you must start the adapter DfmTrapNotifier process using Server Configuration > Administration > Process Management > Start Process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/prod_troubleshooting_guide09186a00800b1209.html

Hi Thanks for the response.Sorry for the delayed response as I was out on a vacation.

As you said the only way to get it activated is to re-rigester this adapter manually.

I know the commands to get this done,However need to know How/Where to run these through CLI.

# NMSROOT/bin/pdcmd -u DfmMailNotifier

# NMSROOT/bin/pdcmd -r DfmMailNotifier -d DfmServer

-e NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/sm_notify -f "--adapter=mail --output=sm_mail_notifier"

Thanks,

Aman

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card