Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DfmInv connection problem CWLMS DFM 3.2

Hello!

First of all, I'd like to give a huge shout-out to all subscribers on this forum witch is great source of troubleshooting Information.

I've got problem which is i thik connected to DfmInv db connection.

A few days ago I've made bulk manage/unmanage db update. Since than after reboot DFM stopped sanding notifications and process network event/alerts. Other symptom is that it is impossible to accomplish backup due to dfmInv connection problem. All processes are up  besides CWAPublisher, DataPurge, FHPurgeTask, DFMCTMStartup. The server is slave dedicated to DFM (no RME, CM or IPM)

I've attached dbbackup.log and cli logs confirming dfmInv, dfmEpm and dfmFh validation.

If anybody knows a solution to my problem please let me know.

Thx for the answers in advance.

Best Regards,

Przemek Przytula

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See the section on recovering from a server crash in https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796 .  Try the steps for recovering the DB transaction logs for the dfmInv database, then reboot.  Then see if you can perform a backup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command as well as screenshots of the Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I've attached files you requested.

See the section on recovering from a server crash in https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796 .  Try the steps for recovering the DB transaction logs for the dfmInv database, then reboot.  Then see if you can perform a backup.

Hello,

I've done steps described in the document you sent me, and after a few weeks DFM still works fine with no problems. Thank you for the solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: