cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dhcp failed apipa is being used

mantaray
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to cisco packet tracer. I have a problem completing my project due to DHCP failed even after I configured the server for DHCP it's still not able to renew the IP config when I type in the command. The DHCP server is called web server and i can't seem to get it to work. 

I do not know if it has something to do with the switch not having a trunk port from the server or something else. Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

none of the routers have IP addresses, so there is no connectvity to the DHCP server from anywhere. The DHCP server has an IP address, but no default gateway. Also, you do not have any Vlan (sub)interfaces configured anywhere.

What are the requirements of this project ? Do you have a text file that you can post showing how this project is supposed to be designed ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

you config the DHCP server to get IP from it Pool ?
that not happened, you need to assign IP for DHCP server manually.

Hello,

none of the routers have IP addresses, so there is no connectvity to the DHCP server from anywhere. The DHCP server has an IP address, but no default gateway. Also, you do not have any Vlan (sub)interfaces configured anywhere.

What are the requirements of this project ? Do you have a text file that you can post showing how this project is supposed to be designed ?

"" The DHCP server has an IP address, but no default gateway.""

his web server (which is DHCP server ) dont have IP, did he update file ?