cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP pool

deepjyotisarma
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a DHCP pool in Cisco 9300 switch and installed 22 Access point to using Wifi.

But my issue is, 60 user is connected in access point but dhcp pool is getting full. new user unable connect to wifi.

10 Replies 10

check the conflict DHCP table are you see many entry ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DHCP pool exhausted because of DHCP expiry time you have set, if it was set up infinite they stay as.

so even though you have 60 clients, looks like the DHCP pool already reserved all, so suggest tweaking the lease time.(especially wireless client will lost connect and connect back later) 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

deepjyotisarma
Level 1
Level 1

I have kept the lease time of one day and every day the same user connects. But my wifi controller shows 60 users connected and dhcp pool gets full. Where is the rest of the ip being use, I do not understand Please guide how to find out.

Do you check conflict ip??

Do you have any pool-excluded config ? ? (like configured as this command - ip dhcp excluded-address XXXX)

on cat 9300 check show IP DHCP binding - give you all the output of 254 IP address.

BB

Yes Sir, I have excluded 60 IP in my pool. I think someone switch broadcasting the rest DHCP ip in my network. how to trace that particular switch. please guide. If u want i can share the screenshot of my DHCP pool config and Wifi controller config.

If you excluded 60 means that is not be offered DHCP from that range.

you have 60 clients. that /24 is good enough to cater that scope easily. until you have something wrong Wireless in secure and others connected.

Provide your DHCP config and also give what WLC and AP you have how is your config look like.

BB

Currently we using UniFi AP, hence we facing the issue we have change the subnet also from /24 to /23 for increasing my usable IP.

DHCP pool.pngUnifi.png

deepjyotisarma
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I have check and not find any conflict IP in my DHCP binding.

Hello,

odd indeed. Can you post the output of:

debug ip dhcp server packets

debug ip dhcp server events

from the 9300 ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card