Views
Helpful
Replies

Diferences between Dynamic groups rules in Prime 2.1 and LMS 4.2

David Serarols
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am performing a migration from LMS to Prime 2.1 and I am having some troubles in my dynamic groups.

In LMS there is a lot of parameters and rules, like Domain name or just nume. On the other hand, in Prime 2.1 there are just a few. As you can see in two attached JPG, rules are quite different.

When I am importing devices in Prime 2.1 from LMS, devices are not added dynamically in my groups because I can't define Domain name as a rule.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately LMS and CPI doesn't have a exact feature parity and many very common and important features are missing in CPI.

You have to manage it with the options available in the CPI for your Dynamic groups. Domain name is unfortunately not an option in CPI.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately LMS and CPI doesn't have a exact feature parity and many very common and important features are missing in CPI.

You have to manage it with the options available in the CPI for your Dynamic groups. Domain name is unfortunately not an option in CPI.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco