cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does PI hardware appliance support LACP ?

olivier vigeant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'll have to install 2 Prime Infrastructure physical appliance in HA.

My customer is wondering if each appliance can be attached to 2 Nexus with an EtherChannel Link.

I can't find any answer to that in documentations (Config Guide, AdminBook, ...).

In PI's GUI, i understand that eth0 can be used for Management, and eth1 for HA. In that situation, LACP can't be implemented.

But if I use eth0 for Management and HA, would LACP work ? And is there specific configuration to have that working ?

I guess my answers are somewhere in my questions, but if someone can confirm ...

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no supported way to use LACP with a PI appliance (or VM).

Under the covers it's all a RHEL server which of course supports LACP and the "NCS Appliance" hardware is based on an IBM OEM server so that's not an issue either. The issue is that all the PI bits are tightly integrated into the platform OS so changing configuration in the platform independent of what PI exposes to you would be at your own risk.

A new hardware appliance platform is due out this year - perhaps we will see some change with that.

Thank you Marvin, I just needed to be able to give the right answer to my customer. Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card