cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does UTU v 1.1.1 run on Windows x64 clients?

johnwtrpwr
Level 1
Level 1

Can I install CiscoWorks User Tracking Utility v. 1.1.1 on  Windows XPx64  or server 2003 x64 client? I have tried installing UTU on a 64 bit client OS and it appears to be successful, but when I try to right click taskbar > select toolbars I do not see the option to select User Search Band. I also tried a 32 bit OS client and UTU installs correctly. Is this related to OS bit version or something else? I am running LMS 3.2, with CM 5.2.1.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly post the screenshot of the error here.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi, There is no error message encountered during the installation of UTU on x64 client PC. It appears to install exactly the same as 32 bit, but when I try to right click taskbar > toolbars, user search band it is not listed. UTU on x86 PCs does list user search band option in the toolbars.

thanks,

John

Hi John,

As per the documents , there is no such limitation for UTU. However I will suggest you the following to fix this issue :-

1> check the basic requirements for UTU

2> Try upgrading to UTU 2.0 if you have LMS 3.x. Here are the system requirements for UTU 2.0

Hardware and Software Requirements for UTU 1.1.1

Table 7-36 lists the minimum system requirements for UTU.

Table 7-36     System Requirements

Requirement Type
Minimum Requirements

System Hardware

IBM PC-compatible computer with Intel Pentium processor.

System software

Windows 2000 (Professional or Server) with Service Pack 4 or higher.

User Tracking Utility is not supported on Windows Vista software.

Memory (RAM)

128 MB

Additional required software

Campus Manager 5.2

Network Connectivity

Campus Manager 5.2 must be running and accessible through the network

2> Try upgrading to UTU 2.0 if you have LMS 3.x. Here are the system requirements for UTU 2.0

Requirement Type
Minimum Requirements

System hardware

IBM PC-compatible computer with Intel Pentium processor.

System software

Windows 2003

Windows 2008

Windows XP with SP2 or SP3

Windows Vista

Memory (RAM)

512 MB

Additional required software

LMS  3.0 (Campus Manager 5.0.6), or LMS 3.1 (Campus Manager 5.1.4), or LMS  3.2 (Campus Manager 5.2.1), or LMS 4.0 (Network Topology, Layer 2  Services and User Tracking)

Microsoft .Net Runtime 3.5 Service Pack 1

You can download Microsoft .Net Runtime 3.5 Service Pack 1 from http://www.microsoft.com

Network Connectivity

LMS 3.0 (Campus Manager 5.0.6) or LMS 3.1 (Campus Manager 5.1.4) or LMS  3.2 (Campus Manager  5.2.1) or LMS 4.0 (Network Topology, Layer 2  Services and User Tracking) must be running, and accessible through the  network

You can download UTU 2.0 from here :-

Click http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml.

3> Kindly share the screenshot of the problem description if the issue will not be fixed after applying the above workaround.

Thanks

Gaganjeet