cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Applet - Interface bandwidth utilization

Harshad Patil
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to get syslog or snmp alert for bandwidth utilization of Uplinks by EEM applet, can any bdy help me on that?

We managed to get alert for input traffic but we are not able to get alert for total bandwidth utilization ( input + output ).

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IOS is this for?  Does your solution need to be an applet?

Is this possible in applet?

We are using PRTG software to monitor bandwidth utilization.

But we want to get an alert if uplink BW utlization reaches upto perticular threshold.

We have Cisco 6509 V12.2(17r)SX6, but before using it in production, i am trying to simulate it in GNS3.

That is not an IOS version, but a boot code version.  Depending on your IOS version, you may be able to do this with applets and multiple events.  However, it's looking like you'll need Tcl for this.

Stephen Teusch
Level 1
Level 1

This is possible with an EEM applet.  I have done it on G1 ISRs with 15.1.  The applet is here:

http://ephemeralportal.blogspot.jp/2014/01/eem-applet-teach-your-router-to-monitor_24.html

I usually run 12.4 on 3745s in GNS3 and they do not have the action set to do variable manipulation, so I am guessing that this is a newer feature, although I could not find what minimum version you would need on a quick search.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: