Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM CRC errors interface

raulnc985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to see if an interface has 2 (or more) CRC errors in a 20 second interval but it doesn't work for me. My config is as follows:

event interface name GigabitEthernet0/1 parameter input_errors_crc entry-op ge entry-val 2 entry-type rate average-factor 2 poll-interval 20

With this configuration the applet is never activated, although the errors CRC are increasing. 

Where's the error?

Thanks,

Raul

4 Replies 4

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I hope that it can help you.

event manager applet CHECK-CRC authorization bypass
event interface name GigabitEthernet0/1 parameter input_errors_crc entry-op ge entry-val 2 entry-type increment poll-interval 2
action 1 syslog priority errors msg "interface serial0/1 has seen CRC errors"
action 2 cli command "enable"
action 3 cli command "configure terminal"
action 4 cli command "interface serial0/1"
action 5 cli command "shutdown"

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hello, Jaderson.

Thank you very much for responding.

I had already tried changing the "rate" by "increment", as you indicate. The problem is that it will always be activated when it reaches the errors indicated (in this case 2), regardless of the interval indicated. (the errors are added).

I want to see if an interface has 2 (or more) CRC errors in a 20 second interval. When the 20 seconds interval is finish, start again counting the CRC errors.

Greetings

event interface name GigabitEthernet0/1 parameter input_errors_crc entry-op ge entry-val 2 poll-interval 20

If you want stop it, add a exit-op operation.

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hi Jaderson,

How can I add the event interface with exit-op operation?

I've been looking for information but but it's not clear to me. Do you have an example of what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card