Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Long mail command

Luke Robertson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to write a very basic EEM script, which sends an email when there is a route change:

event manager applet RoutingChanges

action 1.0 syslog msg "$_routing_type $_routing_protocol route $_routing_network/$_routing_mask with gateway $_routing_lastgateway on interface $_routing_lastinterface"

action 2.0 mail server "10.224.22.18" to "recipient" from "sender" subject "Catalyst Routing changes" body "$_routing_type $_routing_protocol route $_routing_network/$_routing_mask with gateway $_routing_lastgateway on interface $_routing_lastinterface" source-address 10.224.100.250

The problem is that 'action 2.0' is too long to type in. Is there any way I can break this into multiple lines?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  Just create a variable:

set body "$_routing_type $_routing_protocol route $_routing_network/$_routing_mask with gateway $_routing_lastgateway on interface $_routing_lastinterface"

action 2.0 mail ... body "$body"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure.  Just create a variable:

set body "$_routing_type $_routing_protocol route $_routing_network/$_routing_mask with gateway $_routing_lastgateway on interface $_routing_lastinterface"

action 2.0 mail ... body "$body"

Thanks.

There doesn't appear to be a 'set' command. Instead, I tried this:

event manager environment body "$_routing_type $_routing_protocol route $_routing_network/$_routing_mask with gateway $_routing_lastgateway on interface $_routing_lastinterface"

The problem with this is that it literally emails me "$_routing_type $_routing_protocol route $_routing_network/$_routing_mask with gateway $_routing_lastgateway on interface $_routing_lastinterface"

Just figured out that it's now 'action set ...'

This is now working, thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: