EEM On Nexus 7K Question

Hello Community,

Can someone please tell me why I can't create the following on Nexus 7K:

event manager directory user policy "flash:/

I only have the following options:

MX-N7K2-AGG2(config)# event manager ?

applet       Create/Modify an Event Manager Policy

environment  Configure an environment variable

policy       Register a script policy and activate it Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

Cheers

Carlton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tcl is from manually run scripts.  Tcl and EEM is not officially supported, and there is no functionality for native EEM Tcl policies.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The EEM feature on NX-OS is totally different from the EEM feature on IOS.  They share the same spirit but not the same code base.

Mike

Mike, thanks for responding.

I understand the IOS is different, however I thought there might be an equivalent command?

There is none.  You can register a script, but only a VSH script.  Tcl policies are not supported on NX-OS.

Hi Joseph, thanks for responding.

I remember asking on this forum if Tcl was supported on NX-OS and I was told it was supported on Nexus 7K but not on Nexus 5k ......

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Tcl is from manually run scripts.  Tcl and EEM is not officially supported, and there is no functionality for native EEM Tcl policies.

That is a shame.

Thanks

Joseph, are there any tools used to troubleshoot Nexus that you would recommend?

You might want to ask this on one of the Data Center or Switching forums.  I don't do much general troubleshooting of Nexus issues.

Ok, thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card