Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Scripting

CSCO11572694
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I need help ... how would I configure an EEM script that sends an instruction to activate another router's EEM connected on the same segment.

I have 2 routers, 1 with a LL uplink and other ADSL uplink. The LL is my primary connection. I am re-routing all the WWW traffic to go to ADSL to ease the LL link through PBR, however when the ADSL line goes down I have a problem of that traffic being dropped. I have configured track to monitor tha upness of the ADSL, and now I need an EEM  script that will be send from the ADSL router to notify the LL router that the ADSL line is down, and another EEM that will remove the PBR on the LL while the ADSL is down and put it back when the ADSL comes up.

I am not sure is I am making sense, lol ... I would really appreciate you help.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

KGB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3713232#3713232 .  This thread talks about using SNMP traps to send small amounts of data from one device to another.  That data can trigger an EEM policy on the remote device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3713232#3713232 .  This thread talks about using SNMP traps to send small amounts of data from one device to another.  That data can trigger an EEM policy on the remote device.

Thank you so much Joseph ... I will give it a try and feedback.

mustafahanci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

1. You can track an outside IP adress via static route and ip sla from first cisco device (LL) via ADSL line.

2. You can track the ADSL line status with "info type snmp oid 1.3.6.1.4.1... get-type.." command from the first LL device.

According to the ip sla status and ADSL status you can decide what to do with your PBR on LL interface..

Mustafa..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: