Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notifications Interface down

Rchaoua12
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I've been struggling with this for most of the day. I am attempting to get email alerts when an interface goes down or up. I would like to specify the interfaces that I am monitoring. I've tried various things to accomplish this but I don't seem to be able to get it to work. Has anyone out there successfully configured this? These are things that I could easily do in Solarwinds.

3 Replies 3

antonio.guirado
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

email alerts are a notification mode of a management software. There are a lot of software (FMS Pandora, Cacti,

nagios...). You should configure snmp traps in your router. A collector daemon (software) and then execute some

actions (as sending a email). If you have some experience with syslog daemon, router can send syslog messages

(I prefer syslog to snmp traps). A syslog daemon (syslog-ng) receives the message and then react with a mail.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to specify that this is using Prime Infrastructure 1.3.

I am unsure if SNMP traps are the right route. The built-in MIBs on CPI 1.3 seem to monitor this information. I jsut can't seem to get these configured to send an email.

In the Monitor > Alarms page, you can set up e-mail notifications for alarms based on the alarm category and severity level.

Step 1 Choose Monitor > Alarms, then click Email Notification.

Step 2 Select the Enable check box next to the alarm category for which you want to set up e-mail notifications, then click Save.

Prime Infrastructure sends e-mail notifications when alarms for the categories you specified occur.