Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in communicating with DCR

john.caterino
Level 1
Level 1

Preliminary question:

For LMS 3.2 on Windows, which is better 2003 or 2008? 

Primary issue:

Background:  new install of LMS 3.2 on Windows 2008 sp2 Virtual Machine.

Upgraded Campus to 5.2.1

Upgraded RME to 4.3.1

when updating device packages, services started extremely slow with anidbeng taking 2hrs. portal showed service unavailable.

had to restart crmdmgtd to be able to login.

most links in CS return the following:   Error in communicating with DCR server.  DCR server may be down.  Please start the DCR server           and then refresh the page.   The DCR server shows running normal.

tried restarting crmdmgtd

attached DCR.log

tried  CSCtd07131 .. no success

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Windows 2008 offers more scalability so I would go with that although LMS has been tested on both (you will have a longer life of support as well).

When applying the CSCtd07131 patch, you need to be sure it is the right patch for the right CS version as there are multiple versions out there.  However, this is fixed in LMS 3.2.1 so you should just upgrade there.

An often overlooked matter when installing LMS are the steps mentioned here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

I see constant TAC cases due to installation problems because the above steps are not met or are half-met.  Services starting slowly are usually an after-effect of something blocking ports (anti-virus or such) or possible database corruption.  Setting DEP and anti-virus as specified above might help here, but if you did not follow these steps to the letter during this new install, I would suggest to cleanup this server and re-install properly; then move all the way to LMS 3.2.1.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Windows 2008 offers more scalability so I would go with that although LMS has been tested on both (you will have a longer life of support as well).

When applying the CSCtd07131 patch, you need to be sure it is the right patch for the right CS version as there are multiple versions out there.  However, this is fixed in LMS 3.2.1 so you should just upgrade there.

An often overlooked matter when installing LMS are the steps mentioned here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132

I see constant TAC cases due to installation problems because the above steps are not met or are half-met.  Services starting slowly are usually an after-effect of something blocking ports (anti-virus or such) or possible database corruption.  Setting DEP and anti-virus as specified above might help here, but if you did not follow these steps to the letter during this new install, I would suggest to cleanup this server and re-install properly; then move all the way to LMS 3.2.1.

I tried two different CSCtd07131 version of ctm.jar with no luck.   I am crediting your reference to installation matters with

the successful resolution.  Thank you very much for the help!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card