cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error: 'The CSR could not be found'

Amigos
Level 1
Level 1

Our network has 2 ISE servers (virtual appliances). A few days earlier I created a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for server #1 on server #1 without any problems, that certificate has been bound and functions as expected. I have just tried to create a CSR for server #2 on server #1, the CSR was generated but trying to view, export or delete throws an error. The error for exporting is 'The CSR could not be found'. How can I retrieve the generated CSR, is this a known issue or have I missed something?

Just in case this was a one of, the ISE server #1 was restored from backup and another attempt was made to create the CSR with the same result. Rebooting the servers also did not help. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I found the bug below. The 'solution' is to contact TAC for a manual database cleanup...

ISE: CSR requests are stuck in DB, invisible in GUI
CSCuh91639

ISE: CSR requests are stuck in DB, invisible in GUI
CSCuh91639
Customer Visible
Notifications
Save Bug
Open Support Case
Description
Symptom:
ISE may not allow to generate a CSR reporting:
A Certificate Signing Request with the subject 'CN=....' already exists.

ISE GUI will not show any information about a existing CSR.

Conditions:
ISE 1.1.3

Workaround:
Contact TAC to perform manual DB cleanup.

Further Problem Description:
This a problem on DB level. Where a CSR will not be visible in GUI but still stuck in CLI.

ISE GUI fails to display CSR requests stuck in DB. Workaround: Contact TAC for manual database cleanup

Error retrieving CSR on server #1 after generating for server #2. Restored from backup, the issue persists. Seeking resolution.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card