cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet Ports Not Working in Single Part of Office?

MagicMatthew777
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having internet problems with a certain part of the office. We have a Comcast Router, Connected to our Firepower 1010 that is connected to our TP-Link 48 Port Switch, that goes to our Server that is running R12. There is a room that have multiple ports in it that will not work no matter what I do. I have increased pool size, reset firepower, reset the router, refreshed DHCP, and when pinging the devices it gives me my own ip address. 

Pinging 192.168.1.250 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.182: Destination host unreachable.
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.250:
         Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

I really don't know what to do other than to restart the server, but I cant do that because it will take down our phone system. Any other ideas why these wall ports wont give out an IP?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The kind of information you have provided, it's impossible million years to solve.

Try to explain what is that IP address or do you have in the network and provide any network diagram which can explain for us how these devices conencted.?

what Part of the IP address working, what part of IP range not working.

as per my understanding below your flow?

Comcast router---FP 1K---TpLink switch--windows r12 Server?

if this correct where is not working? provide above-asked information to suggest better.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The switch is connected to our server and our server provides the DHCP to all our devices. All the devices in another part of the office are working fine. I have a switch connected to the wall port, that is connected to a printer and my computer, but the port will not give me any internet no matter what I do. I have done NETSH TCP/IP Reset, Ipconfig Release/Flush/Renew, I have also plugged the computers ethernet cord directly into both wall ports and they are not working. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

where is another part of the office, what switch they connected to -  have a switch connected to the wall port, ? what port his wall port connected.

again my question still stands the same you need to provide more information i have requested in the original post?

BB

Sorry,

Okay - The wall ports that are not working are connected to the 48 port tp-link switch that the firepower is connected to. I have a small 4-port tp-link switch connected into the wall port that gives connection to a printer and my computer. I have tried another switch to rule out hardware as a problem. 

Also, I did set up some new inbound -> Outbound rules for certain ports on the firepower yesterday, ports 137-139 and I think it was port 445 for Scanning to Folder Share. But the wall port that is in question was working fine after I did that so I don't think it is the issue. 

Also weird - I can ping my firepower ip but I can no longer connect to the admin panel for whatever reason. I have tried connecting directly to the management port, and over wifi. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No idea this your setup and you do not provide detailed information for us to help :

Do you have any small paper where you can write what device in your network where you connected and IP address of the device and what port 

let me post my original request 

---------------------------

The kind of information you have provided, it's impossible million years to solve.

Try to explain what is that IP address or do you have in the network and provide any network diagram which can explain for us how these devices conencted.?

what Part of the IP address working, what part of IP range not working.

as per my understanding below your flow?

Comcast router---FP 1K---TpLink switch--windows r12 Server?

if this correct where is not working? provide above-asked information to suggest better.

BB