Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude 4500 sup8 from controller device group + disable audit

NicolasDemonty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have Prime 2.2 and all 4500 sup8 are detected as controller. The wireless features are not enabled and I would like Prime to exclude all the 4500 from the controller classification. Is it possible ?

The idea is to prevent prime to do all audit/config stuff related to controller and wireless because I really didn't find where to disable those audit. So I have two question :

- How can I exclude the 4500 out of the controller classification ?

- How to disable Audit and ssh access to those device ?

many thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Nicolas,

I only have some basic experience using CPI 3.1

Nevertheless I doubt you can influence the system default device groups. Maybe it's possible to change some XML file in the file system of CPI but I guess that would not be supported.

A dirty and maybe not satisfying workaround would be to build own platform groups under "User defined groups" and fill them dynamically.

The conditions for the user defined "AireOS WLCs" would be:

if "Product Family" equals "Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controller ..."

or "Product Family" equals "Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller ..."

and so on.

SSH access is very crucial for most of the CPI functions and should not be enabled. CPI does CLI template rollout and image rollout over CLI, as well as some inventory collection tasks.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Johannes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco