cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export Archived Device Configs to Storage Server

Jaimes White
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I'm trying to find out how (if possible) to export archived configurations from Prime Infrastructure (running 3.2.0 currently) to a remote location (i.e. a local storage server). Intent of doing this is so we can access the previous running configs in the event any equipment loses it's config due to whatever failure, particularly when we are unable to get to Prime. I know I can go in and manually export the config files, but I was hoping to find a way to automate the process.

I'm still searching through documentation myself but wanted to post in here in case anyone was aware of a solution.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

varusrin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can export the configuration to an external FTP server using the Job Device Config Backup-External from Administration / Dashboards / Job Dashboard page.

PFA

External backup.JPGSettings for the Job.JPG

You can also export the configuration archive to a zip file by exporting from Inventory / Device Management / Configuration Archive page.
PFA
 Settings for the Job.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thomas Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you have some REST API calls to bulk download configuration archives.

Just go to your prime installation and call

https://<prime-ip>/webacs/api/v4/index?_docs#Configuration_Archive_Service

You can find some useful functions there

varusrin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can export the configuration to an external FTP server using the Job Device Config Backup-External from Administration / Dashboards / Job Dashboard page.

PFA

You can also export the configuration archive to a zip file by exporting from Inventory / Device Management / Configuration Archive page.
PFA
 Settings for the Job.JPG

Hey, I don't have this option available? Do you know why?

@varusrin wrote:

PFA

PFA
 Settings for the Job.JPG

Hi Northernpower

Can i know the version of PI being used?

This feature was introduced in newer releases.

Regards,

Varun Iyer S

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card