Views
Helpful
Replies

File Transfer from local system Volumes in MACFile Transfer from local

Radhika Nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Our team used to transfer files from asdm through the local transfer where it displayed the volumes of remote server and could easily fetch for files from it and also transfer . But from past few months the folder doesn't display any contents inside it.

The connection between remote server and the firewall is UP as i am able to do transfer files from scp .

I am attaching the screenshot of the explanation for my issue.

Is this familiar to anyone?

Thank you in advance 

@asdmquest @ASA 

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.41.52.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 10.43.29.png

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check your ASA-logs when this is tried. Which transfer protocol is being configured when accessing the remote repository ? If that is also scp/ssh based than check the logs of the remote ssh-server, if not other logs may need examining.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I am able to do scp when i am selecting remote server to flash option.The file transfer is successful.

I am using mac and it uses afp protocol to mount that directory under volume section in my device  .

For checking logs as i am not doing any actions its just that the directory doesn't show any content inside so no logs in that way too.

- Even if you view a directory there is an info-transfer between your client and the file service :

https://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1412022&seqNum=6

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The link suggestion is for mac os server using server admin which is no longer available

Hello,

can you try and mount on SMB instead ? I don't remember the exact syntax (something like 'mount_smbfs')...

Yes I mounted the server through smb and it still doesnt display its contents n the asdm

Hello,

is the remote machine a Mac ? What OS is the Mac running ?

the remote machine is a linux NAS server

morris_785
Level 1
Level 1

I'm ready to do SCP when I'm choosing far off the server to streak option. The document move is effective.

I'm utilizing a macintosh and it utilizes AFP convention to mount that registry under the volume area in my gadget.

And does it show in the asdm with the contents of the folder which has been mounted

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card