Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardening/Configuring server end device best please

Hi there - I am currently studying at cybersecurity at the university of the sunshine coast here in australia - we have been asked for an assignment to recommend the best products to help with end device and server configuration and hardening - I am a huge cisco fan so wanted to recommend the latest Cisco products in my report - can you please help _ I tried to ask the virtual assistant for the Cisco Technical Assistance Centre but of course the bot didn't understand my questions

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@tavieneclarkkennedy wrote:
we have been asked for an assignment to recommend the best products to help with end device and server configuration and hardening

This is a trick question.  

Won't make any difference what the answer is because if nobody takes notice and do not patch the application(s) and server(s), in a timely manner, no amount of "brick wall" is going to stop malicious traffic going through if the windows are left open.

Search for "essential eight".  Read it.  Understand it.  

I understand the essential eight - we have to for our assignment give
recommendations for a fictional case study - and they want specific product
recommendations - Like Splunk or Merkai but we have to justify our product
recommendations by telling them what the Cisco product is actually doing
precisely and effectively taking care of. Yes I understand that whatever I
tell them to implement is something that is doing patching, updating and
regularly.

Rana zahid
Level 1
Level 1

For end device and server configuration and hardening, Cisco offers several products and solutions tailored to these needs:

1. Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE): ISE provides comprehensive policy-based access control and identity management for endpoints, ensuring secure access to network resources. It offers features like device profiling, posture assessment, and guest access management.

2. Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client: AnyConnect is a VPN client that provides secure remote access to corporate resources for end devices. It offers features like endpoint security posture assessment, multi-factor authentication, and network visibility.

3. Cisco Umbrella: Formerly OpenDNS, Cisco Umbrella is a cloud-based security platform that provides DNS-layer security and threat intelligence to protect end devices from malware, phishing, and other online threats, both on and off the corporate network.

4. Cisco Secure Workload (formerly Tetration): Secure Workload provides comprehensive workload protection for servers and applications, including micro-segmentation, workload behavior analysis, and vulnerability management to enhance server security and compliance.

5. Cisco Secure Firewall (formerly Firepower): Cisco Secure Firewall offers next-generation firewall capabilities for perimeter security and intrusion prevention. It provides advanced threat detection and prevention features to protect servers and network infrastructure from cyber threats.

These Cisco products can help organizations effectively configure, secure, and harden both end devices and servers within their network infrastructure.

thanks so much for that Rana _ I was wondering what replaced Firepower -
these answers are very helpful -thanks to much!