Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problems with Energywise on LMS 4.1 discovering End Hosts IP Phones

dverasteguin
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have a LMS 4.1 and ive enabled Energywise on several switches.

I can see them on energywise devices. they are in the same domain and most of them have IP Phones and Access Points.

there are 18 IP Phones registered to a CUCM which is seen by the LMS. and ive done a user tracking and ive seen the phones registered.

the access points are LAPs and CAPs (1142, 1131, 3500).

when i try to enable the Energywise End Hosts, i cant see any of the end hosts of the switches.

however, when i go on CLI, and see the energwise children, i see them all.

can anyone please help me out and tell me what can i do??

its very important!!!

thanks in advance!!

sincerely,

Dante Verastegui

2 Replies 2

HI  Dante

I just have a similar problem, but in my case I´m just evaluating LMS 4.1 ( eval version) and when I try to enable energy wise on a Switch capable device, just failed and can´t see endpoint too.

What about your experience with LMS 4.1?? I´m just making a LAB to promove enegrywise on my job,, but i dont know how confiable are LMS with energywise

Just imagine about 1000 phones, 300 AP´s and if LMS dont work properly.

:s headache!!!

Regards

Hi Humberto,

With lms 4.1 I have no problem enabling energy wise in the switches, I can create a domain and see the neighbors and children. I'm having problems to identity end hosts. I could identify some phones but not all of them.

I don't know why. :s

It would be perfect to manage a high numbers of end points however I think it's not that trustable (the lms).

I hope your lab works out

Sincerely

Dante V

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card