Views
Helpful
Replies

High Proxy CPU Usage

krlanglic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two cisco wsa S690 v11.5 which always monitor the proxy cpu usage (due to the great quantity of connections per second since a couple of times we received slowness). Today I was very surprised since one of the WSA reported 156.7% of proxy cpu usage. Is this normal?. I know that it only last for some seconds, but I would like to know if a device can report more than the 100% of proxy capacity and if this has any limit.

In order to make sure of this proxy report from the web appliance, I get into the proxystat from CLI. I didn't see it anymore. So may be a difference between them, however, if this may be an issue from the device or appliance?

Best,

Karla

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @krlanglic ,

I have read in some forums that the first recommendation is to update the IOS version.
I leave a link with the latest versions for your device:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286290962/type/283998384/release/6.6

Regrads

Hi!

Thanks for the information.

How can I know that version from my WSA. At this time, I'm thinking upgrading the ASYNCOS to 11.5.1-120.

However, how may I know the differences between both releases? The one you sent mention a different version (6.X) Where do i see the version?

Thanks

Karla

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: