Views
Helpful
Replies

how can LMS 4.0 discovery IP Phones?

dverasteguin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

I have 2 Cisco IP Phones 7975 connected to a Swith 3750 which is connected to a Router 2811.

The phones are registered into the CME in the router. When i do a Discovery Search the LMS finds both the router and the switch but it doesnt find the IP Phones, not even their mac or ip addreses to show them as unreachable. it just doesnt find them. i dont know why and whats wrong.

im using windows server 2008 r2 LMS 4.0.1.

please i would appriciate any help on this matter

thanks in advance

19 Replies 19

Joseph,

thanks for your repply.

oh ok. i understand now.

well when i do the UT aquisition, it shows me it found 2 IP Phones.

However, it doesnt give me anymore information.

Only when i do an Inventary Report on IP Phones it shows me info about the phones. is this correct?

is there a way to see the phones under Inventory? or in any case, under topology?

ill be looking forward to your repply

Thank you!

sincerely,

Dante Verastegui

How can I associate ip phones as endpoints?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

This is done automatically provided the CUCM has been properly data collected and the phones are associated to the CUCM.  From the screenshot above, the CUCM appears to be properly data collected.  Perform an SNMP Walk of the ccmPhoneTable on the CUCM to confirm you see entries for each of the IP phones showing up as end hosts.

Phones will not be seen under inventory or topology.  They will only be seen in User Tracking.  You will see them as regular end hosts (i.e. like PCs) and as IP phones (i.e. you will see the phone number and associated username).

Joseph,

Thank you so much for your help.

as you mentioned, i could only see them through UT.

Everything is working great now and everything went great in a demo i just had.

thank you for your support!

sincerely,

Dante Verastegui

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: