cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to call Third-party devices OIDs from Cisco Prime 3.9

CISCO171346
Level 1
Level 1

Can we call Third-party devices OIDs from Cisco Prime 3.9. If yes, then how to do it?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout if this procedure can work for you

Gather the SNMP MIB file for the third-party device. You can usually find this file on the device's manufacturer's website.
Upload the SNMP MIB file to Cisco Prime 3.9. To do this, go to Administration > MIB Files and click the Upload button.
Create a custom MIB polling policy. To do this, go to Monitoring > Policy Management > Custom MIB Polling Policies and click the Create button.
In the Custom MIB Polling Policy dialog box, enter a name for the policy and select the SNMP MIB file that you uploaded in step 2.
In the Attributes to Poll section, select the OIDs that you want to poll from the third-party device.
In the Polling Frequency section, specify how often you want Cisco Prime 3.9 to poll the third-party device for the selected OIDs.
                              Click the Save button.

Once you have created the custom MIB polling policy, Cisco Prime 3.9 will start polling the third-party device for the selected OIDs. The results of the polling will be displayed in the Monitoring > Device Health view.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Although the menu options are little bit different, but I reached to the desired options. Thank you so much for the help. Kindly tell one more thing:

I asked the vendor to send me the MIB file and he sent me in .txt extension. Is not the MIB file extension is .mib ?? I am trying to upload it but it is giving me an error. What should be the format/extension of a MIB file which is supported by CPI 3.9 ??

- I suppose the extension should be .mib , you may want to show the error you are experiencing when uploading the mib , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

CISCO171346
Level 1
Level 1

I have .mib files as well but the same error comes while uploading them.

Error: Failed to load MIB. Please refer /opt/CSCOlumos/logs/miblibrary.log for more details.

I have seen this particular log file but nothing worth in it.