Helpful
Replies

how to edit a scheduled Syslog Report job in RME 4.03

philip moore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am using Cisco Works LMS 2.5, with RME 4.03

There are 4 scheduled syslog report jobs that are set to run. We had a problem with syslog that meant that these reports returned zero records.

Syslog and manual reports now work fine, but I need to edit or delete and re-create the scheduled jobs as the problem still exists with these. I'm thinking that perhaps the required devices are not selected (I had to re-build RME db from scratch recently also)

But I cannot find them anywhere!

All I can find in RME Jobs page is the instance of the job.

How do I edit the main job?

Help much appreciated

Thanks!

Phil

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All of the syslog report jobs can be found under RME > Reports > Report Jobs.  They can be deleted from there.

Hi Joseph

Thanks for your reply.

But, all I see in RME Jobs is the instances of the job, with options to Stop or Delete - I do not see the parent job.

Do I simply delete the instances? New instances are being created daily by some other process.

The RME version I quoted is wrong, we upgraded to 4.06

Thanks

phil

Are you looking under RME > Reports > Report Jobs or RME > Job Mgmt > RME Jobs?  The report jobs will be found under the former.

The answer was provided by TAC.

It's not possible to edit jobs. the ones you see in RME Jobs are the instances of the jobs.

The only way to delete these jobs is via the CLI:

+  Stop daemons :

Net  stop crmdmgtd  “wait till its down”

+  cd to C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\rmeng>

+  Issue the command :

dbvalid  -c "uid=dba;pwd=;dbf=rmeng.db"

example  :

C:\Program  Files\CSCOpx\databases\rmeng>dbvalid -c "uid=dba;pwd=c2kY2k;dbf=rmeng.db"

please  send me the results

please  note that my RME db password is the default à c2kY2k you  have to use the correct RME pwd .

+  Start daemons manager : net start crmdmgtd “wait till it starts  ”

One for the library :)

Thanks for your responses tho. cheers!

These steps don't have anything to do with job management.  They will simply check to make sure the RME database is not corrupt.  For report job management, you can use the GUI path I mentioned previously.  You can also use a CLI command to forcibly delete jobs:

NMSROOT/bin/cwjava -cw NMSROOT com.cisco.nm.cmf.jrm.jobcli

Then from the jobcli prompt, type "delete JOBID" where JOBID is the ID of the job.

oopps, I copied and pasted the wrong bit. Yes, that was the procedure I meant to refer to. Thansk!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: