Replies

HOW TO GENERATE A CSV OR XML FILE USING CISCO PRIME LMS 4.2

tirabor01
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Team,

Thank you for your ususal support.

Trust my mail meets you well.

I kindly need a technical assistance for generating a CSV file or XML file template  that would be used for  bulk import of network devices on CISCO PRIME LMS 4.2.

I tried using a CSV file template for importing but i got an error stating invalid template.

I also used the XML file template,it was not invalid but the CISCO PRIME LMS 4.2  could not discover any devices.

Please I do need urgent assistance to generate a CSV file template or XML file template that would be compatible with CISCO PRIME LMS 4.2.

Kind Regards,

Tioluwani Irabor

CSCO11624940.

8 Replies 8

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tioluwani

after exporting the .CSV file ,DO Not open or use  the  MS-EXCEL , use any other editor tool like Noted++ or editplus

make the changes that you need to do and then Import , it will work

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afroz,

Thanks a whole lot for your response.

Please do list out the steps to export a .CSV file using Cisco Prime Lms. You can as well provide a link I can use to carrying out exporting of a CSV file with Cisco Prime Lms.

Regards,

Tioluwani Irabor,

CSCO11624940.#sthash.T2kZlMli.dpuf
CSCO11624940.#sthash.T2kZlMli.dpuf

Hi Tioluwani,

check the below link::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/inventory/inventory/mng_device.html#wp1132555

Also I have attached one sample file for reference::

hope it will help....

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks a lot for your support.

However I tried importing with the template you sent but it failed.

It keeps stating this error : no HEADER information in the input file.

Kindly assist as it extremely urgent. See my template in the attached.

Regards,

Tioluwani.

which tool or editor  you have used to edit the file ?

if you have used Microsoft excel , please do not use that .. use other editor like notepad++ , make the changes and then import ..it should work

HI AFROZ,

THANKS A LOT. IT WORKED.

KINDEST REGARDS,

Tioluwani Irabor

Hi Tioluwani,

GREAT  :)

kindly mark this thread as resolved.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello AFROJ,

Thanks for all your usual support.

However I have a question regarding a baseline template. After creating a baseline template following the template requirements, I had to preview it . I then got an error stating Compliance template should start with a "+"or"-" or"#".

Please see the format in the attached.

Also after running a compliance check, I got the job result stating 0 out of 640 devices were none compliant. The devices have already been discovered by the Cisco Prime LMS.

What could be the issue?

Kindly reply as it is extremely urgent.

Thanks,

Tioluwani Irabor