Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Set Speed internet at vlan cisco 2900 & Cisoc WS-C6509

fahmyka
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues

I need your help to solve my problem [ i have Cisco 2951 and Cisoc WS-C6509 , how to set internet Speed from Vlan's

NB : I have lease line

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe you can directly do on VLAN interface - you can do as below:  Take an example if you have 10MB - it only allows 40% of 10MB - change as per requirement)

class-map VLAN100_BW
match vlan 100
!
policy-map VLAN100_BW
class VLAN100_CMAP
bandwidth percentage  40
!
!
interface Vlan 100
service-policy input VLAN100_BW
service-policy output VLAN100_BW

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We know only a very little about this environment: there is a 2951 with a leased line and there is a 6509 switch. We do not know how many vlans are on the 6509. We do not know whether inter vlan routing is done on the 6509 or is done on the 2951. We do not know whether the connection on 6509 to 2951 is a switch access port, is a switch trunk port, or is a routed port (no switchport). Answers to these might impact the advice that we would give. So additional information would be appreciated.

And I am not very clear what the question is asking "how to set internet Speed from Vlan's". In many environments the 6509 would send packets to the 2951 at Ethernet speeds, the 2951 would send packets to the Internet at leased line speeds, and the 2951 would do buffering to compensate for the difference in capacity between Ethernet and leased line. Are we saying that this does not work in this environment?

Are we saying that we want the 6509 to send packets to the 2951 only at a speed that matches the capacity of the leased line? If that is the case then the suggestion from @balaji.bandi sounds good - but only if the connection on 6509 to 2951 is an access port in a vlan. What would we do if the connection is a trunk? 

HTH

Rick

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card