cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Set Up Guest WiFi Network on RV340W?

devon12345678
Level 1
Level 1

I need help setting up a guest WiFi network on my RV340W. I would like guests to be able to access the internet but not our shared drives etc. 

I was trying to follow these instructions: https://community.cisco.com/legacyfs/online/attachments/document/files/5054_-_configuring_a_guest_wireless_networkwap371rv130sg300_-_5044_5072.pdf but they are not applicable exactly to the RV340W. Maybe I need to get matching hardware? I have attached a diagram of my network setup.

I followed those instructions pretty closely. I have a VLAN set up with VLAN ID 25. I have LAN1,2,and 4 set to excluded and LAN3 set to tagged. My default VLAN ID is 1 and all 4 ports are set to untagged. I created a WiFi network and set its VLAN to 25. I can see the SSID and connect to it, but I don't get any internet. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

6 Replies 6

Hi

On the print you sent, on vlan 25 says DHCP disable. Are you getting IP address when connect on the SSID?

Yes. "The WiFi has the self-assigned IP Address 169.254.28.127 and will not be able to connect to the Internet"

However, I cannot find the device anywhere on the DHCP Bindings table. 

169.254.x.x means no IP address. This is APIPA address.  You probably dont have DHCP running

I probably don't. What do you suggest I do? Should I use a Server type DHCP? Relay Type? What do I fill in for all those empty fields?vlan.PNGvlan server.PNG

Server.

devon12345678
Level 1
Level 1

That worked! Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: