cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upgrade N7K epld upgrade(6.2 to 7.3.x)

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my N7K-7010 from 6.2.20 to 7.3(5).D1.1.

While reading the document, I have a question.
Is it necessary to upgrade the line card, Standby Supervisor, and Active Supervisor separately for EPLD upgrade?
The working Step I think is 1. OS Upgrade. 2. This is an entire EPLD upgrade.

I want to know if there is a problem even if I upgrade at once with the install all epld command after OS upgrade.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- I would follow the advice from the guide.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/epld/epld_rn_62.html

-Check Table 5 and look at the example commands, acting accordingly will probably result in minimum risk. As far as  the need to upgrade EPLD , check this paragraph :  Deciding When to Upgrade EPLDs

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello, marce

Thank you for answer.
I saw the same document.
As a result of checking, it seems that the EPLD of the linecard currently being used does not need to be upgraded to 1.006.9(F248XP-25E).
I think you only need to upgrade for Dual Supervisor.
The chassis is also redundant, so it doesn't matter because it provides failover. The Guide tells you to perform Active upgrade after Standby upgrade. Is it okay to do EPLD Upgrade of Active/Standby Supervisor at once?

- I would follow the advice from the guide.

M.

Javier Acuña
Spotlight
Spotlight

hola espero te encuentres bien a continuación te envió el procedimiento para ejecutara esta actualización, recuerda que esta actualización es no disruptiva , tu equipo no será apagado mientras se actualiza lo que no deberá afectar la operación de tu negocio,

https://www.cisco.com/c/es_mx/support/docs/interfaces-modules/nexus-7000-series-supervisor-2-module/200384-Compact-Flash-Upgrade-Procedure.html

recuerda darle click en la estrella esto motiva a continuar aportando material a la comunidad.