cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

in case of LACP  Should we match duplex/speed/bandwdith/vendors/vlan i

krahulbgp
Level 1
Level 1

in case of LACP  Should we match duplex/speed/bandwdith/vendors/vlan id on other side

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To build LAG / PO below requirement high level :

1. all the ports should be same speed.

2. you can not mix 100 and 1GB or 10GB interfaces.

3. both sides should support LACP (in most case all vendors supports)

you can find more details on the vendor document if any - for example cisco :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swethchl.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is not just "LACP", but etherchannel as a whole -- Speed has to match at both ends.

in case of LACP  Should we match duplex/speed/bandwdith/vendors/vlan id on other side

duplex/speed must match with or without LACP 
vendors no need to match but vendor must support same protocol and same ver.   (protocol meaning LACP or PAgP)
vlan id if port-channel is access and the SW is totally isolate then you can use different VLAN-ID in each SW,
vlan id if port-channel is trunk then the vlan id especially native VLAN must match
BW is match in one SW for all port member of port channel but it can different I think between two SW, BUT I sure you will face issue with traffic since the high BW send traffic much more than lower BW can handle. 

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"duplex/speed/bandwdith" need to match, yes.

"vendors" need to match, no.

"vlan id" need to match, that might not be required, but it's likely a misconfiguration if they don't match.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: