Views
Helpful
Replies

Infrastructure IOS Upgrade

Faisal Shabbir
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends

We are planning to upgrade the IOS version of our distribution, Core  layer switches as well as and Fire Wall Service Module, I required you input on latest and stable IOS version. We have the following IOS versions currently running on these devices:

Core Switches 6509 : 12.2(33)

Distribution  switches 4503 : 12.2(44r)

FWSM : 3.2(6)

looking forward or expert advice.

Regards,

Faysal

3 Replies 3

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Well there are 13 6500 models listed so without more knowledge of your network requirements your best bet is to refer to the link to the download page.  There you can read the specific release notes so you can make an informed decision.  For example you can download the latest software for a Cisco Catalyst 6000 Series Multilayer Switch Feature Card 3 (MSFC3) (122-18.SXF17b) here.

Here are corresponding links to 4503 and an example. (15.0.2-SG5)

And lastly the latest FWSM is 3.2(24).

Hope this helps.

Dear ngoldwat,

Thanks for you input currently System image file is "bootdisk:s72033-ipservices_wan-mz.122-33.SXH2a.bin" there are two core switches with FWSM modules and ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(17r)S4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).

as you mentioned that there are plenty of IOS available to upgrade but i need expert advice which version is more stable and latest. last but not least I want smooth upgrade cant afford any mess

Many Thanks

Regards,

Faysal

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the 6500, run the SXJ if you can.