Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CiscoWorks 3.2

dryden333
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am installing CiscoWorks 3.2 on a Windows 2003 server. I am getting the following error "Cannot create the install dependency file."

Any assistance would be useful.

Thanks...

Shaun

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you confirmed you meet the prerequisite requirements? (Link)

I do recall it is quite particular about you using the US-English or Japanese locale for the OS.

Unfortunately you won't be able to get any official TAC support since the product was last sold over 3 years ago and is part End of Support. (EoX notice)

I assume there's some reason you're trying to install that instead of the more current and much better LMS 4.2.

I am aware of the newer version and end of support. However, this is what I inherited. The server needed a fresh image, so I am just trying to get this system back up running in good order until I am able to get new hardware and software approved for purchase and ordered.

I do not beleive that is the issue. My OS in US-Engish and I have selected the same for CiscoWorks install wizard.

Thanks...

Some of the most basic check points before you begin install is :

> Log in as local administrator account. In any case it is not possible, login as a local account and not a domain admin account.

> Disable any 3rd party application, specially any Anti-Virus for the time being it is installed.

> Disable Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) 

> Set the per-user and global TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\TEMP)

You should also check the media for its checksum if it is not corrupted. Share install log from c:/ to check further. 

You can check other pre-reqs as best practices on windows install from here.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks... Windows Data Execution Protection (DEP) and the Environment Variables were the problem. Thanks again. Shaun

Glad that it worked. You can resolve this thread and close if it has.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card