cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing LMS 3.2 in two servers with one license!

Dears,

I am wondering if i can install the LMS in two servers using one license not two?

Also i want to know if i can manage the same set of devices in both servers if they are using the same license or this will not work?

Should i select specific ranges of IP's for both server and in this case, i can use two servers with the same license?

Regards,

Muhannad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

if you (have to) split the application over multiple servers you can use the same license.

If you manage the same devices twice then you should buy a second license.

I believe there are a couple of bugs with the single sign-on and master slave setup if the devices are in the same subnet so best avoid that.

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

if you (have to) split the application over multiple servers you can use the same license.

If you manage the same devices twice then you should buy a second license.

I believe there are a couple of bugs with the single sign-on and master slave setup if the devices are in the same subnet so best avoid that.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your response.

I have only another one question:

- If i enable one server as a Master and another one as Slave, does this mean that i can't use the same license in both servers and make the two servers manage the same devices twice?

Regards,

Muhannad

No it doesn't.

This is what you would do if you had to put for example DFM on a different server for performance reasons.

To my knowledge LMS does not try to check if a license is used elsewhere.

So there are no technical issues if you use a license twice. (Just moral )

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks Mchel.

I think your last answer confused me a bit but i guess i knew what you mean .

Cheers,

Muhannad