cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inter VLAN

TECH-JEFF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 2 vlans in my network. vlan1 is where our scope is i.e 192.168.5.5 for example. vlan2 is a different vlan for other dept i.e 192.168.6.5.

Both Cisco switches have management IP on a separate vlan3 as well. Using our vlan1 how do I perform ssh for management of the other switch/vlan2?

Thanks

Jeff

Jefferson Co
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

good stuff and your right no restrictions between vlans for ssh, for your own sake vendor should not have used sshv1 its got some serious security flaws and should not be used in a production network anymore, anything set to that you should be changed just increase the rsa keys to 1024 and set v2 and check your show ip ssh to confirm

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure i get you do you just want to access switch 2 on the vlan 1 you just ssh (vlanip address on switch 2)

or if you want to make sure you only come from a source of vlan 1 ---ip ssh source-interface vlan

Is that what you mean?

Hi, thanks for the response. I think I just resolved the issue. Basically at first I thought there are restrictions for ssh for inter vlans on the network but apparently none.

Whats the real issue is the vendor has initially setup ssh v1 on switch 2 where vlan2 is configured. When I configured the switch 2 to ssh version2, it worked immediately in switch 1(vlan1) where my laptop is connected.

So basically it has something to do with the ssh version.

Thanks

Jeff

Jefferson Co

good stuff and your right no restrictions between vlans for ssh, for your own sake vendor should not have used sshv1 its got some serious security flaws and should not be used in a production network anymore, anything set to that you should be changed just increase the rsa keys to 1024 and set v2 and check your show ip ssh to confirm

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card