cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Issue on Online UPS

sheryarqazi4
Level 1
Level 1

We have 1x FortiGate Firewall 100E, further connected 2Switches, 2x NVRs and 2xServers, there total power load is 1.5 KVA. These are connected to 10KVA UPS, but when the electricity goes and load shifts on UPS; That time we faces internet disconnection issues until the main power comes back. We are monitoring the the systems continuously however we ddnt founf any system getting off during UPS time.
please Guide What should be the Issue

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is the FortiGate physically connected to? Is it possible that this connection to outside is impacted by loss of power?

The next time that this happens I would suggest that you evaluate device by device starting with FortiGate, are interfaces up or down, what is in the routing table, is the device able to ping its upstream neighbor, is the device able to access some address in the provider network, is the device able to access some address in the Internet?

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Some networking component must get impacted somehow , check the logs on the mentioned devices when this happens , or better use a syslog server for continuous logging monitoring. You could also use traceroute to perhaps detect the component which further blocks Internet access.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

What is the FortiGate physically connected to? Is it possible that this connection to outside is impacted by loss of power?

The next time that this happens I would suggest that you evaluate device by device starting with FortiGate, are interfaces up or down, what is in the routing table, is the device able to ping its upstream neighbor, is the device able to access some address in the provider network, is the device able to access some address in the Internet?

HTH

Rick

I am glad that our suggestions were helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card