cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Collection Failed on Cisco 3550 Switches LMS 3.0

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Problem Details: I have 75 devices that fails when performing inventory collection. The

Message ID I am receiving is RICS0001 (Cannot successfully collect Inventory Information

for device) Internal Error. After trying to collect inventory again it happened again,

here is the information I was able to collect for one of the devices in the IC_Server.log

I have a TACService Request opened, but its been a couple of days since I heard anything. Just wondering has anyone else encountered issues with these devices. Wasn't a problem for me when I on LMS 2.5.1

Attached is the log I ran after setting the log level to fatal.

39 Replies 39

Thanks for th info.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread. I have the same issue with my RME 4.1 not being able to collect Inventory from 3 Cat3550 switches in our network. I have opened a TAC case and received the patched SharedInventoryCatIOS.zip file and applied it and still no joy. Can I ask you to confirm one thing, do I need to copy the patched zip file to

..\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs

and

..\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme

I still cant collect Inventory even after the patch. I am going to delete and add the relevant devices again and i will post an update. Do you need my TAC # to progress this?

okay, I deleted the errant devices, checked the file permissions on the patched zip file, rebooted the server and added the 3550 switch, still no joy. The error message from the Inventory Collection Job is

Device sensed, but collection failed

job log is attached

Same error here we are scheduling to upgrade to IOS on the affected device 1st quarter of next year. This should resolve issue, as long as the devices configs are being archived I am happy for now.

This file has no useful information. For inventory collection problems, you need to provide the IC_Server.log.

Thanks, here is the IC_Server.log section from a recent Inventory Collection failure.

This looks like a new issue (one similar to an old 3750 problem, but I think it is different). You should pass this log on to the engineer that gave you the patch, and have them work with development to get this resolved. I do not have the patched code, so I can't see exactly where the error is occurring.

I could email you the patch if you want. I am on leave as from today, so i wont be following this up until 2nd or 3rd of Jan.

Let me know if you want the patched zip file.

Thanks for your help,

Paul

The zip file has the compiled code, and I would require the source code.

Thanks, here is the IC_Server.log section from a recent Inventory Collection failure.