Helpful
Replies

Inventory collection is failing

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

Inventory collection is failing with the below details in ICServer.log

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],CheckBox Data is: Failed~1890

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Entering getStringStateFromIntState

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Run state to return is: Failed

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Leaving getStringStateFromIntState

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Entering toStringScheduleType

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Schedule type to return is: Immediate

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Leaving toStringScheduleType

hyperlinked ID is: 1890

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Entering populateJobInfo

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23], Selected Job ID is : 1890

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23], Else part of index < 0 in JRMInterface.

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23], JobID and InstanceID in populateJobInfo are 1890 and -1

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23], SQL Statement being executed is : select End_Time from ICS_JOB where Job_ID = 1890

and Instance_ID = -1

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23], Result Set is : com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybResultSet@1a315f7

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23],Leaving populateJobInfo

[ Fri May 01  16:57:46 IST 2013 ],DEBUG,[TP-Processor23], ICS JOB Entry with key is : com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.ui.helper.ICSJobEntry@1eb0ea1 and

1890=com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.ui.helper.ICSJobEntry@178c0a

Any idea what should i do..?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Different processes write their output in different log files. For inventory collection issues we are interested in IC_Server.log usually.

Yes you can delete the content from that notepad, it should not have any impact unless you delete the entire log file from that directory. Sometime it says the file is used by oher process and even if than if you proceed, it will be fine.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Moreover I see error like 'Timed out. Make sure ICServer is running' in job details.

Any one can guide me here ....?

Delete the content of IC_Sever, enable debug for ICServer in RME and run the job again. Share the entire IC_server.log and screenshot of the failing error.

Also, device platform and IOS version.

-Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Sure i will share those details soon. I am running with LMS 3.2.

I could find two files like IC_server.log and ICServer.log (and also ICServer_UI). What is the difference between those files ..? shall i delete all content from that notepad and would it provide any impact..?

Different processes write their output in different log files. For inventory collection issues we are interested in IC_Server.log usually.

Yes you can delete the content from that notepad, it should not have any impact unless you delete the entire log file from that directory. Sometime it says the file is used by oher process and even if than if you proceed, it will be fine.

-Thanks

Hi vinod,

I could not delete the content. It is not allowing to delete so.

some 1360kb of content is available in IC_server.txt. What should i do?

No it is not necessary to restart the services for this.

-Thanks

Hi Vinod,

Fortuntely it worked for inventory collection. But "sync archive" is not working. Pls help me.

Glad to know it works now.

You should open a new thread for new problems and close this as per the CSC's support policy.

-Thanks

Thanks a lot for your extended support. I created the new thread for Sync-archive and hoping for any help

I replied to your new thread. Please close this thread so that people don't see this still opened.

-Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco