Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Image Comparison Query

ksbolton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I'm currently looking to upgrade some Catalyst 2960S switches from c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3 to that image's 15.x counterpart. I downloaded the Cisco recommended IOS image c2960s-universalk9-tar.150-2.SE10a with the intention of installing it and testing.

However when I use Cisco Feature Navigator to compare c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3 and c2960s-universalk9-tar.150-2.SE6 (because I couldn't find SE10a in the drop down list), I see that a lot of features available in 12.2 aren't available in the Cisco recommended 15.0.2SE10a, e.g. DHCP Snooping, Rapid PVST, STP - PortFast BPDU Filtering, etc.

I'll attach the Excel file showing the comparison. Why are these features not common among the two images? How do I find a "spiritual successor" of sorts for the 12.2 image that won't take away so many features?

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your attachment is not a spreadsheet, so I can't see what you are referring to.

It is highly unlikely those features are actually missing.  I would just try upgrading one switch and see how it goes.

Thank you for your reply and apologies, I've attached an actual .xlsx file. 

If they are indeed not missing then why did the Cisco Feature Navigator comparison highlight that the features mentioned are unique to the older image?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card