Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS / TACACS+ / incorrect command accounting

sharlino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!
I've typed show running-config interface GigabitEthernet 9.500 and show running-config interface GigabitEthernet 1/0/1 in the CLI respectively.
At the same time of typing those commands I've captured the TACACS+ accounting packets with Wireshark. The packets are containing the following data:

cmd=show running-config interface GigabitEthernet 9 500
cmd=show running-config interface Group-Async 1 GigabitEthernet 1 0 1

Problems:
1. The IOS did replace dot and slash symbols with whitespace.
2. The IOS did insert absolutely irrelevant Group-Async 1 text.

Can this be fixed somehow, maybe with a proper command ?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Any IOS command, upon processing is subject to internal formatting according to IOS best needs for the particular command. This is nothing to worry about.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

"Group-Async 1 GigabitEthernet 1 0 1" - is not GigabitEthernet1/0/1 at all. So I do worry about it, because it is not internal formatting only, but sent to accounting log as well. For example, NX-OS does not do that. If it is "Ethernet1/1" in the CLI command, then it is "Ethernet1/1" in the accounting log. Catalyst 3650 does replace slashes only, Catalyst 2960X does do both of things.