Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS / TACACS+ / incorrect command accounting

sharlino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!
I've typed show running-config interface GigabitEthernet 9.500 and show running-config interface GigabitEthernet 1/0/1 in the CLI respectively.
At the same time of typing those commands I've captured the TACACS+ accounting packets with Wireshark. The packets are containing the following data:

cmd=show running-config interface GigabitEthernet 9 500
cmd=show running-config interface Group-Async 1 GigabitEthernet 1 0 1

Problems:
1. The IOS did replace dot and slash symbols with whitespace.
2. The IOS did insert absolutely irrelevant Group-Async 1 text.

Can this be fixed somehow, maybe with a proper command ?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Any IOS command, upon processing is subject to internal formatting according to IOS best needs for the particular command. This is nothing to worry about.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

"Group-Async 1 GigabitEthernet 1 0 1" - is not GigabitEthernet1/0/1 at all. So I do worry about it, because it is not internal formatting only, but sent to accounting log as well. For example, NX-OS does not do that. If it is "Ethernet1/1" in the CLI command, then it is "Ethernet1/1" in the accounting log. Catalyst 3650 does replace slashes only, Catalyst 2960X does do both of things.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: