Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR interface module notations

anton1688
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i am trying to understand the output of the "show inventory" command. i am trying to build device -> card -> port/transceiver relations based from a machine perspective.. i.e., not a human that can go and read the descriptions

i am also trying to understand the special keywords sometime used. like CPU0 , PL0, * etc. what are they? is there a structured list where i can get that?

Example 1. what is the easiest way to deduce cards, sub-cards ? how do i know that PL0 is not a subcard of the forwarding processor or vice versa (without having to know the CRS architecture). how do i know that the port TenGigE0/0/0/0 belong to the PLIM (0/PL0/*) and not the forwarding processor. (again, without just "knowing" that from how a CRS works)

NAME: "0/0/*", DESCR: "Cisco CRS Series Forwarding Processor 140G" PID: CRS-FP140, VID: , SN: 
NAME: "0/PL0/*", DESCR: "Cisco CRS Series 14x10GbE LAN/WAN-PHY Interface Module" PID: 14X10GBE-WL-XFP, VID: , SN: 
NAME: "TenGigE0/0/0/0", DESCR: "10GBASE-LR" PID: XFP-10GLR-OC192SR  , VID: , SN: 

Example 2. what is the meaning of CPU0? is that a notation to denote. a card by way of referring to the CPU port on that card?
some modules are not Cisco modules and do not follow form see example, why some modules use r/s/CPU0/p notation and some use r/s/i/p notation?

NAME: "module 0/9/CPU0", DESCR: "24-port 10GE, Packet Transport Optimized LC" PID: A9K-24X10GE-TR, VID: , SN:  
NAME: "module mau TenGigE0/9/CPU0/15", DESCR: "10GBASE-LR SFP+ Module for SMF" PID: SFP-10LR   , VID: V02 , SN: 
NAME: "TenGigE0/9/0/16", DESCR: "Non-Cisco SFP+ 10G Pluggable Optics Module" PID: N/A, VID: N/A, SN:

Example 3.  example of card and sub-card how to denote? is it necessary to use the CPU0 keywords somehow? can i assume that CPU0 will only be used for cards when used on the 3rd place? again, what is a CPU0 and what does it denotes?

NAME: "module 0/0/CPU0", DESCR: "ASR9001S Modular Line Card"
PID: ASR9001-LC-S, VID:  , SN: 

NAME: "module 0/0/0", DESCR: "ASR 9000 4-port 10GE Modular Port Adapter"
PID: A9K-MPA-4X10GE, VID: , SN: 

NAME: "module mau 0/0/0/0", DESCR: "Multirate 10GBASE-LR and OC-192/STM-64 SR-1 XFP, SMF"
PID: XFP-10GLR-OC192SR   , VID:  , SN: 
0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card